Sunday, August 2, 2009

Vintage Inspiration August 2nd

It's the lovely Myrna Loy's birthday today. She is one of my favorite actresses, and even though she did not receive an Oscar for an individual performance (She should have by the way), she received an honorary Oscar for her body of work in 1991.

Myrna Loy quote: "Life, is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming"


She worked tirelessly for Human Rights


She was on Hitler's blacklist because she was so outspoken against him



And of course, she is one of my favorite actresses, especially for her appearances in the Thin Man movies with William Powell
Myrna on working with William Powell "I never enjoyed my work more than when I worked with William Powell. He was a brilliant actor, a delightful companion, a great friend and above all, a true gentleman." (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001485/bio)


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This