Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Vintage Book of the Week - Night Walker by Donald Hamilton


I have been way into Hard Case Crime books lately. They're basically noir books, some new and some reprints of classic pulp books. This gem is by Donald Hamilton, creator of Matt Helm. Anyway, the story begins with a naval lieutenant hitchhiking his way back to his base. Lieutenant David Young suddenly finds himself in a hospital with his face bandaged and under a different name and basically kidnapped. There are so many twists and turns in this book I could never guess what was coming up next or who was on what side. I didn't know if I would like it, but it was a fabulous read. I've read about 5 of the Hard Case Crime books and they have all been fantastic. Definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a good noir or suspense book. And the covers are fantastic, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This