Tuesday, January 26, 2010

What 100 Stars Want in 1956 - David Brian

David Brian (August 5, 1914 - July 15, 1993). Dancer-turned-actor David Brian didn't enter films until he was in his mid 30s, yet he made a great impression on moviegoers in such films as Flamingo Road (1949; with Joan Crawford and Zachary Scott), The Damned Don't Cry (1950; with Joan Crawford and Steve Cochran), and The High and the Mighty (1954; with John Wayne and Jan Sterling). David Brian passed away from natural causes at the age of 78. Some of his poetry is on display at Kent State and Boston University.




David Brian's 1956 wishes:

  1. My wife, Adrian Booth, and I are very interested in WATF. We are very sincere about this work, and personally I would like to see 1956 - with every orphanage in the world empty and all the orphans with loving "adopted" parents.
  2. Personally, I'd like to play the role of the Duke of Gloucester, Henry the VI. I like this role, as Shakespeare created it, because although the Duke was a ruthless man, he was not a hypocrite with himself.
  3. As a citizen, I wish they'd quit cutting down our beautiful palm trees that took so many tears to mature. When I first came to California, only a few years back, there were many palms. They mean southern California to me. But now they are being chopped down ruthlessly.

I can't say I have heard of David Brian before I found out what films he was in. I have seen most of them, so I must have seen him, although I can't quite remember him personally. I think his wishes are great. His first wish I believe has to do with support of an orphan organization. I was not able to find any information on it because so many organizations have that acronym and I just didn't have time to go through them all. Henry the VI would be a wonderful role for any actor and I hope he had the opportunity to play him. He didn't in any films, but he was mostly on TV in westerns primarily. And I'm all for palm trees, so preservation of them in California would be fantastic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This