Tuesday, July 6, 2010

What 100 Stars Want Most in 1956 - Sheree North

Sheree North (January 17, 1932 - November 4, 2005) was known primarily for 3 things: her fabulous dancing, it was thought Fox hired her as a replacement for Marilyn Monroe, and in later years she played Kramer's mom on Seinfeld - and was the first to tell audiences his first name was Cosmo.



Some Sheree North Trivia:
  • She married 4 times and had 2 daughters
  • Her birth name was Dawn Shirley Crang
  • She earned several Emmy nominations for her TV work
  • Sheree sanded floors and parked cars to earn money for her ballet classes



Sheree's 1956 Wishes:

"For myself as a person, a wife and a mother I wish that I may always do my best."


"As an actress, I hope to continue to learn my profession as I have tried this past year."



"As a citizen, I believe in the ability of man to achieve."



I didn't know I had seen any Sheree North films until I saw this poster for The Lieutenant Wore Skirts. It's a pretty funny film, kind of a Mr. Mom setup. Sheree's character is in the Air Force, and Tom Ewell is her house husband. Naturally, this doesn't sit well with Tom's character, who tries to regain his masculine position in the family. The film is in the Fox Movie Channel rotation, and will next be playing: July 26, 2010 12:00 pm ET; August 4, 2010 12:00 pm ET; August 17, 2010 12:00 pm ET if you want to catch it.


Next up in this series: Kim Novak

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great site!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This