Saturday, July 24, 2010

What Stars Want Most in 1956 - Rex Reason

Rex Reason (born in Germany while family on business trip on November 30, 1928) is best known for his role in the 1955 sci-fi cheesefest This Island Earth. He walked out on his Warner Brothers contract in 1961. Frank Sinatra wanted his for the role that went to Lawrence Harvey in The Manchurian Candidate, but he was sick of Hollywood and began a new career in real estate. He is brother to actor Rhodes Reason, has been married 3 times (currently to Shirley Hake since 1965), and has 5 children.



What did Rex Reason wish for in 1956:
  • "Personally, I'm interested in developing young kids into actors. I'm not very old myself, but I know how hard it is to get started. I'd like to do something constructive toward helping youngsters get a break."
  • "Professionally, I love the fantastic. I immensely enjoyed making This Island Earth. I'd like to do another science-fiction film."
  • "As a citizen, it would be nice if there could be a nationwide plan for beautifying our gardens. I'm working on our backyard now. I don't think it would be a bad idea if everyone cleaned up and beautified his own backyard."

I have a couple questions:

  • Will we all be leaning on leaning boards in the future?
  • When will we meet the Smurf aliens, or maybe they are the blue man aliens?
  • Did this really take 2 1/2 years to make?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share This